There’s a quote I often tell my coaching clients: “There are no unrealistic goals. Only unrealistic timelines.” (adapted from Brian Tracy) I forget it myself, sometimes, though.
Progress has been excruciatingly slow. Other responsibilities, and distractions, have slowed me down.
I remind myself that baby steps are still progress. And I definitely have made progress, even if it is not as much progress as I would have liked.
In some areas, I am farther along than I would have guessed seven years ago. In other ways, not so much.
It’s been over seven years since I began this blog. That alone is something I wouldn’t have guessed. I’ve recorded and sold quite a few guided meditations. There are still more to record, though. I had hoped seven years ago to have sold my guided meditations to a publisher.
As we come to the end of the year, I look back at what I’ve accomplished this year (if it is good enough for my coaching clients, it is good enough for me).
- I’ve improved my tarot reading skills, and connected more with my intuition.
- I’ve re-established, and expanded, my daily practice – meditation, mantra and journalling.
- I’ve taught successfully written and taught several courses.
- (This is a lot harder than you would think…)
- I’ve managed the household expenses, and kept my family fed and housed.
- I held the role of Demeter at Spring Mysteries Festival (and did a damn fine job, if I do say so myself!)
- I performed the wedding for a dear friend.
- With the help of some wonderful people, I organized Vancouver Island Pagan Pride Day.
- (Once you get on a roll, it gets remarkably easier.)
- I was present for my family as we mourned my cousin’s passing.
I’m going to keep this project up over the next couple of weeks. As I see what I have accomplished this year, it helps me hone in on what I would like to accomplish next year! It also helps me have a better perspective on the things not yet accomplished.
What about you? What have you accomplished this past year?