This email has been sitting in my inbox, unread, for two weeks. It’s from a writer I respect very much, Barbara De Angelis. It was totally perfect timing for me today.
HOW TO MAKE 2010 THE MOST MEANINGFUL YEAR OF YOUR LIFE
PERFORM THE SEVEN ESSENTIAL ACTIONS© ONCE EVERY DAY
- Thank someone you would normally not thank.
- Express your love in a way that is unexpected, or to someone who is not expecting it.
- Honor yourself for something you did today that reflects the best of who you are.
- Forgive yourself for something you did today that reflects less than the best of who you are.
- Feel compassion for someone you would normally judge.
- Notice or experience something as miraculous that you would normally take for granted.
- For one full minute, stop whatever you are and be deeply grateful for the gift of this day of your life. During this minute, contemplate the fact that yesterday, approximately 154,300 people on Earth passed from this world, and that even while you are practicing this very sixty seconds of gratitude, 100 souls will leave their physical forms. Send them your prayers as they journey onward. Then, with great joy and humility, proclaim these words out loud:
“TODAY, I AM ALIVE!!”
Copyright 2010 Barbara De Angelis All rights reserved